Message: Undefined offset: 1
Line Number: 295
Born in Henan, China, Wang Jiayue trained at the Ballet School of Liaoning Ballet of China and began his undergraduate studies at Beijing Dance Academy in 2014. Upon graduation in 2018, he performed with Shanghai Ballet Company as a Coryphée before joining Hong Kong Ballet as a Corps de Ballet member in 2021.
With HKB, Wang performed in Septime Webre’s ALICE (in wonderland). With Shanghai Ballet Company, he danced in Swan Lake, The Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker and The Lady of Camellias and toured in Europe. Wang won the bronze award at the 6thShanghai International Ballet Competition in 2018.
1.Why do you dance?
I like the feeling of being on stage.
2. What does ballet mean to you?
It's the spirit of perseverance.
3. Why did you start dancing?
When I was a child, my mother thought I was shy so she took me to dance lessons.
4. What was the first ballet you ever performed?
Mr. Jorma's modern ballet piece Over Glow. The most challenging piece was Mr. Jorma's modern ballet One-end-One, which was very difficult for me as a student at the time because it was in the American Balanchine style, whereas I had been brought up in the Russian ballet style.
5. Most memorable/weird onstage moment and why?
6. How do you unwind after a show?
Take hot baths, watching movies.
7. What attribute do you most like about yourself?
8. What keeps you motivated on tough days?
A healthy body and future performances.
9. Where do you feel most yourself?
By the sea.
10. If you could have one more talent, what would it be?
I wish I had a talent for playing piano.
11. What’s your favourite food?
12. What would you be if you were not a dancer?
Probably a dance teacher.
13. What’s your clothing style?
No particular style.
14. What are your hobbies?
Travel, picnics, fitness.
15. What is your favorite movie/book?
My favourite Marvel movie.
16. Where is the most interesting place you have ever visited or want to visit?
I want to go to Iceland.
17. What is the coolest thing about being a dancer?
I could go dancing around the world.
18. If you can have a super power, what would it be?
Can't feel pain.